Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 January 2016

A Paperweight for a Bullet

Late last year I was contacted by a soldier who served in Afghanistan in 2014. He wanted to send a bullet to me that was fired at him (and narrowly missed him) during his time there. Here is the bullet that I received:

Bullet from Afganistan
Bullet from Afganistan

The soldier wanted the bullet encasing within a paperweight, along with a suitable caption and this is what I made for him:

Bullet in a Paperweight
Bullet in a Paperweight

I felt so honoured to have been asked to make this paperweight for him because of the sentimental importance of the bullet...it certainly was a 'Close Shave'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.