Search This Blog

Thursday 15 November 2012

Unusual Mobile Phone Gifts

I had an unusual request this last week from a lady who wanted a mobile phone themed Christmas gift making. Initially she wanted a mobile phone top-up card to be encased within a paperweight however the top-up card would not fit any of my designs. She then suggested having a mobile phone SIM card to be incorporated within the paperweight and here it is:

Mobile Phone SIM card in a paperweight
Mobile Phone SIM card in a paperweight


As well as the mobile phone SIM card she also wanted a message within the paperweight. You may remember a few weeks ago that I developed a technique of using transparencies within my jewellery and paperweights to form personalised messages. Well these are proving to be a convenient way of incorporating messages and I have used them on several occasions since.

On this occasion the lady wanted the message ‘Break glass in an emergency!’ within the paperweight. Now this has given me a great idea; it would be great to make a paperweight with a cigarette inside, and to add a similar message as a gift to somebody who is giving up smoking. How frustrating that would be since you would never get it out!

Mick

2 comments:

  1. love the sim card design, not sure about the cigarette though.. when I gave up 7 months ago there were days when I'm sure I 'could' have got it out:) or died trying,...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I agree! How about encasing the last cigarette smoked within a paperweight to mark the achievement. Maybe also including the date they started to give up smoking.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.