Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 November 2010

My rice writing is in a movie

Well almost! A few weeks ago I was contacted by a film producer who was in the middle of making a series of short tutorial films about camera lenses that will eventually appear online on the Canon website.

One of the lenses was to be a macro lens and they were thinking it would be very nice to finish the tutorial film with the words 'The End' written on a grain of rice.

He had seen my name on rice jewellery and wondered if I could produce one and get it to them for their filming. I was given a day to do the rice writing and sent the grain of rice by over-night delivery to their film studios.

At the end of the movie the presenter sneezes and blows my hard work off the table! Sadly the tutorial is no longer on the Canon website, however I have preserved some screen shots of it below,

Here is the grain of rice being prepared by the presenter. He is lifting the rice out of a box (that I sent it in) and placing it onto a red silk pillow with tweezers.
Rice Writing
Canon Macro Tutorial with my Grain of Rice

And here is the rice after being brought into focus with the macro lens. It’s amazing how poor handwriting looks when it is magnified like that! But having said that, the writing is on a grain of rice as well...
Name on Rice
My Rice writing is in a Movie

If you would like to see more of my rice writing, take a look at my name on rice page.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, when can I have your Autograph? hang on, think I might have it somewhere... might be listed on ebay soon.

    Seriously though, well done Mick thats great.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats brilliant :D congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are famous now....that is brill that you have had your crafts showcased in a movie like that. Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.