Monday, 2 August 2010

Buckets and Spades of Inspiration

I have been a little quiet recently with my blog and that's because I have just got back from a fantastic two week holiday in Cornwall! We went to the same place that we visit just about every year for the last ten years and I can't think of a nicer place in the world that I would like to be at. The beatiful scenery, coastal walks and beaches are breathtaking and I am already arranging to book our holiday there for next year!

Polly Joke Cornwall
We stop at a place called West Pentire, near Crantock on the west coast. The coastline in this area is thankfully protected by The National Trust and the whole area is beautiful...oooh I just want to go back now. I find Cornwall so inspirational and can see why so many artists and crafters base themselves there.

Mick Cluley - Shpangle Jewellery
Having cleared my mind with the Atlantic sea breeze and taken in the inspiration of the area, I have had a good think about what I want to achieve with my crafting. I don't really want to be known just for my resin based jewellery and have decided to have a good long break from it. Of course I will continue with custom jewellery orders (which I have got home to find stacks of them waiting on my door mat), but I want to start making jewellery using more natural objects, so watch this space!

I hope you all have an equally good holiday!

Mick

9 comments:

  1. Sounds great! And Looks like you had good weather too! Hope you're well rested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning beautiful place! Glad you had a nice holiday, Mick.

    I can't wait to see what your next collection will be - looks like you got more than some good R&R down in Cornwall!

    Looking forward to seeing/reading about your new stuff soon...

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great holiday and I'm looking forward to seeing your new jewellery
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds wonderful Mick!!! Can't wait to see your new ideas!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plans sound very exciting, will have to keep checking on your blog now to see what you're up too - the beach always does that to me too - clears the head and makes thinking that little bit clearer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Mick, glad you had a smashing break. Look forward to your new exciting designs.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a fabbo time, Mick, and welcome back! One of my favourite areas too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mick,

    Your holiday looked so beautiful and relaxing you lucky thing!!

    Can't wait to see your new jewellery!

    ZaksJewel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again, Mick,
    A quick note to let you know you're a One Lovely Blog Award winner. Pop over to my blog for details.
    Rosie. xx

    ReplyDelete