Thursday, 13 May 2010

CraftsforCharity - The Arts and Crafts Directory with a Heart

So here it is! The reasons behind why I have been quiet on forums, blogs etc recently, I have been beavering away producing this new website.

crafts directory

Crafts Directory - Crafts for Charity: Find quality arts and crafts that support charity.

I have produced a directory based arts and crafts website where artists and crafters can list their handmade arts and crafts website, blog, even your Etsy, Folks, MISI shop and in return you will be raising money for your chosen charity. This is your directory, I have personally put a lot of energy into developing it and the return that I will get is the knowledge that charities are benefitting and artists and crafters are being promoted. I will continue to promote the arts and crafts directory in a big way and have lots of future ideas on how to develop it so that it becomes more than just another arts and crafts directory.

I have currently listed ten charities which have all been nominated by fellow crafters, however this list is likely to grow so if you feel that you would like to nominate other charities for inclusion into the directory please let me know.

Please help me to promote the craft directory, feel free to mention the directory on blogs, twitter, facebook, forums and tell the world about it so it becomes a valuable resource for the crafting community.

I hope you like it and any comments really would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Mick

Arts & Crafts Directory - Crafts for Charity

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is great, but being a total thicko still not quite understanding - better go have another read. Well done Mick, I will advertise on my site too (the dog one)

    Lynda
    ~Bags of Swank by SimJaTa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL It took me a while to understand it too, and I wrote it! Many thanks for adding your site and being the first! (well apart from me but I don't count)...will go and twitter/facebook about you now...

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will actively follow this blog. I don't have a website but, when asked, have always donated something to a charity so the moral of the story is - just ask and it will be given. Usually something knitted.
    Good luck with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have added link to website now, and passed info on to a couple of craft friends.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Added my blog and my website and Donated. Wonderful idea!!
    Instead of paying advertisers to be added to a directory this is a way to be seen and help one of the listed charities!!
    :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had another idea Mick, what about adding 'The Dogs Trust' they also put out I think its bi-monthly magazine to all people who sponsor their dogs, might be then worth a contact to see if they will run a feature?

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea about the dogs trust..I will add them in the next day or two!

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great - here is the link to the mag, for article (while you are doing nothing LOL)

    http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/az/w/wag!magazine/default.aspx

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete