Search This Blog

Monday 15 February 2010

Recycled Newspaper Jewellery

I have been trying to select an appropriate picture to submit with my entry to the Made in Leicestershire directory. I have found this exercise a lot harder than I first thought. I first selected six of my favourite jewellery items and soon discovered that my favourite jewellery item isn't necessarily everybody’s favourite.

So after two days of pondering, and asking friends and relatives I have finally made a decision. The decision was based upon not what I and others thought is the best item of jewellery I have made, but the item of jewellery that best represents me. So this is it....

Recycled newspaper jewellery
Recycled newspaper jewellery

These recycled newspaper words of love were cut from a local newspaper and embedded into a resin heart pendant.

I suppose this jewellery piece says everything I want to portray about my jewellery; unique, using everyday or recycled objects and one-of-a-kind. It is also appropriate that they were recycled from a local newspaper since it will be displayed in a local directory. So there you go, it has been sent now and soon to be published and I hope it brings some love and inspiration to its readers.

Please visit my Keepsake Jewellery website.

2 comments:

  1. I am a little bit in love with this piece ;-) I am a complete sucker for pretty necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked the right one, it's totally unique and fascinating. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.