Search This Blog

Monday 30 November 2009

Recently been making buttons

After hours of searching high street craft shops and fabric/sewing shops for button shanks, I finally gave up and went online. I ordered some silver plated ones from ebay and they are great ! These are my first buttons, handmade by embedding seed beads into resin with the button shanks attached to the back. They are certainly different and would add a bit of colour to that special item of clothing !

These are the first resin buttons I made containing seed beads:

Handmade resin buttons
Resin buttons containing seed beads and glitter


Handmade resin buttons
Handmade resin buttons 


These are the other ones I made, containing cake sprinkles (100s and 1000s) embedded in resin.

Custom made buttons
Custom made buttons containing cake sprinkles

Personalised buttons
Personalised buttons containing cake sprinkles


These custom made buttons can be ordered from my website Keepsake Jewellery - Custom Jewellery

1 comment:

  1. OOh, i really like this idea. Wow, what you can do with resin!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.